Moore Park lies along both sides of St. Clair Avenue East between the Vale of Avoca section of Rosedale ravine and Moore Park ravine (formerly Spring Valley ravine). The northern boundary is Mount Pleasant Cemetery and the southern the Canadian Pacific Railway tracks. Moore Park is one of Toronto's most affluent neighbourhoods.
The neighbourhood takes its name from its developer, John T. Moore. To encourage buyers, he built two bridges in 1891: the original steel bridge on St. Clair over the Vale of Avoca, and the original wooden bridge on Moore Avenue over Spring Valley ravine. He also helped establish railway service to the neighbourhood. The development was marketed to the wealthy, and the neighbourhood remains wealthy. Moore Park was annexed by the City of Toronto on December 16, 1912.
Moore Park includes primarily English Cottage, Georgian, and Tudor-style houses built between 1908 and 1930. Moore Park lots are generally quite large, and many of the houses back on to one of the ravines that skirt this neighbourhood. Moore Park also contains many newer townhouses as well as a fair number of duplex and multi-plex homes.
Nature and fitness enthusiasts will enjoy the Moore Park Ravine foot path, an 8 kilometre trail that passes through the Rosedale Ravine, the Mt. Pleasant cemetery, and the old Don Valley brickworks.
Moorevale Park, one block east of Mount Pleasant Road, has five tennis courts, a baseball diamond, and a wading pool.
Moore Park has bus service on St. Clair Avenue, Mount Pleasant Road and Moore Avenue. The Yonge and St. Clair subway station is within walking distance of many Moore Park houses.
Motorists have quick access via Moore Avenue to both the Bayview Extension and the Don Valley Parkway.